“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
The month of October always a special one for me. It’s always my birthday at the beginning of the month. This year, however, there was something much more special than years before. This year I celebrated my 30th birthday. A milestone that for many people changes the course of their lives. I’ll admit, I never would’ve imagined reaching this point. I couldn’t see my life at 30 years of age. Not because I didn’t see myself living that long (I plan on living well into my 90s and beyond), but because I had this belief of my life being a certain way by 30 and it wasn’t. Of course, not everything goes exactly as planned and that’s the fun of it. The Creator always has greater plans for us.
The Dreaded Aging Process
For some, age is a dreaded thing we look at. We don’t want to grow older but we do. What we often forget about are the lessons we’ve learned along the way that have helped us grow into who we are. In our finite lives, we have the opportunity to tap into the infinite energy of the Universe and gain infinite knowledge and wisdom. Despite our bumps, setbacks, challenges, losses, and roadblocks, we have experiences many positive things in our lives. We have so many things to be grateful for in our lives. Years ago, I challenged myself to write down at least 3 things I was grateful for (I might start that again). I thought about that close to my birthday and decided to share 30 things I’m grateful for in reaching my 30th birthday. While it’s a little late as my birthday was at the beginning of the month, it’s better than never.
I AM Grateful For…
1. Waking up every single day for the last 30 years.
2. Having a home to return to and a warm bed to sleep in.
3. Clean clothing to wear
4. Family and friends who love me.
5. My gifts and talents that I get to share with the world.
6. Finding ThetaHealing at the point when I needed it the most. Really, it found me.
7. My creative spirit.
8. Having a great support system spiritually and personally.
9. The ability to connect with people through my gifts and talents.
10. Being connected with Creator/God at all times
11. Being able to heal from various traumas in my life and grow from them.
12. The ability to raise my vibration through my spiritual practice.
13. The gift of helping other people heal and be their most authentic self in their life’s journey.
14. My health that allows me to do anything.
15. My experiences and the lessons that came with them.
16. Being guided by Creator to my highest, best and greatest yet to be.
17. Writing music that touches people’s spirit.
18. Discovering salsa dancing.
19. Being taught the power of choice.
20. The rediscovery and healing of my inner-artist.
21. The doorways that continue to open to allow me to expand my consciousness.
22. Mentors who continue to challenge me to step forward into a higher consciousness.
23. The opportunity to volunteer my time to help improve a young person’s life.
24. The opportunity to be a part of a consciousness movement on the planet.
25. Parents who never gave up on me.
26. Manifesting my idea life into reality.
27. Living in the present moment.
28. Learning how to brew kombucha.
29. The opportunity each day to recommit to my soul’s truth.
30. The courage to take the leap of faith to live my passions.
Those are just a few things that I get to be grateful for at the age of 30. There are so many more things I am grateful for that have helped me get to this point. The milestone of 30 years is a big one as many of us look at our lives differently. We realize that we aren’t getting younger and it’s truly time to live. I am one of the many that have take a major leap of faith into a new chapter in my life. There are many people that dread their birthday and look at getting older as a bad thing. I look at growing older as a blessing. I get to impart my knowledge and experience to the world and the next generation. I’m excited to see what this year has in store for me and the next 30 years!